Sunday, July 10, 2016

New Scarf and Blanket

It's 93 degrees outside and I'm knitting a scarf. Am I crazy?! Well, it will cool off in a few months here in Texas (sooner in other parts of the country) and I want to be ready for Fall. I would say that Fall is definitely my favorite season. Obviously I like that we start to get a little cooler weather but I also love the colors of Autumn. Rich, warm colors like oranges, yellows, reds, and purples look so beautiful together. With those colors in mind I'm working on what I'm calling a candy corn scarf. It will start with a section of white, then transition into a pumpkin color, and then the bulk of the scarf will be a soft mustard color.






My mom is working on a crocheted blanket that kind of has a 1970s look with alternating stripes of colors popular during that decade.


When you're making a blanket it can get a little difficult to handle the bigger it gets but my mom came up with a great way to make them by using the keyboard pull-out part of her desk.


My desk doesn't have that so I leave most of the blanket making to her. I have made some baby blankets for friends though and they aren't quite as unruly to work with.


Both of these will be available in our Etsy shop when they are finished which will probably be another couple of weeks. 










No comments:

Post a Comment