Saturday, July 9, 2016

Welcome!

Welcome to the Stylin' Stitches blog! My name is Angie and together with my mom, we have an Etsy site where we sell handmade crocheted, knitted, and sewn items. Many are made from vintage patterns or our own designs.


My mom does all the sewing as that is a skill I have never been able to learn so my hat's off to y'all out there who can sew. I made an apron once for my high school Home Economics class and I got a B on it and I would say my mom does a far better job - ha!


Here 's one of my favorites she has made so far. It's from a 1940s pattern and the print is so cute and it features sites along the old Route 66.




I just learned to crochet about a year and a half ago after I finished my doctoral degree (Social Research and Statistics). I finally had free time and it's a great hobby. My mom has known how to both sew and crochet for about 40 years so she taught me how. I've just recently learned to knit thanks to YouTube (you really can learn just about anything there) and I'm really enjoying that too.

Here's one of my favorite things I've crocheted. It's a scarf from a 1932 pattern in a beautiful Robin's Egg Blue color.



The 1930s is my favorite decade for movies and fashion so I really had fun making this one.

These along with many other items are for sale at our Etsy shop (Stylin' Stitches Shop). I hope y'all will enjoy this blog as I chronicle our processes for making our shop's products and my interests in crocheting and knitting.

Thanks,
Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment