Monday, July 11, 2016

Fay Wray & Jean Arthur Hats (also a visit from a special guest)

I found this knitting pattern for a beret (top left) from the 1930s at the Vintage Patterns Files site (linked in the Blog Roll) and I've been thinking about trying it out.







Then earlier today I found a picture of Fay Wray from 1934 wearing one that looks almost identical to the pattern. I've got to make one now! 




I love finding clothes and accessories that I have seen my favorite classic movie actresses wearing. I have Clara Bow shoes and a Jean Arthur hat. The hat is like one she wore in Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936) costarring Gary Cooper who is my most favorite movie star.

Here's Jean (with Gary) in the hat.








Here's my special guest modeling the one I bought at Target a few years ago.






Yes, that's Miss Piggy. I don't mean to be a name dropper, but we're practically best friends even though she is a big movie star (ha!). She said if I'm lucky and she has free time, she might agree to model some more things for the blog.


Is there anybody else out there like me who likes to find "movie star" clothes? If so let me know what you've got.

Angie








No comments:

Post a Comment