Friday, July 22, 2016

Vintage Catalogs and Fashion

You can look through an entire Sears catalog from 1934 here, but here are a few highlights.

I would love so much to be able to go back in time and shop for this stuff. My mom and I try to find material that has a vintage look to it when making aprons for our shop and finding these old catalogs helps us to know what to look for in colors and prints.


Look at these dresses, they are so pretty! Our Etsy shop is a side business but I do have a regular full time job (data analyst) and I wear dresses and heels every day. I'd love to have some of these.
 
These slips are beautiful too. I've seen lots of these at vintage clothes store and the material is still so soft and silky. Peach is one of my favorite colors and that was a very popular color for undergarments in the 1920s and 1930s.
We'll need a good way to organize and keep all of our vintage clothes so why not (go back in time) and try this from the 1944 Sears Christmas Catalog found here.

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment