Monday, July 18, 2016

Hats, Hats, and More Hats

I have loved hats since I was a kid and I still wear them every chance I get. Hats are a fun way to add a little more style to an outfit. Lightweight hats made of materials like cotton or straw are good for warmer days, and in the cold days of winter, wool or felt hats are especially good at helping to keep your warm. I have short hair so I never leave the house on a cold day without a hat. Here are some of my hats.
I made the one on the Styrofoam head. I'm going to make some using that same pattern for sale at my Etsy shop. It's a cute cloche flapper style hat. I'm going to add some handmade flowers to the ones I'm going to sell.


I think I'm going to use this lovely Autumn colored yarn and make one up right now!


I also have a few vintage hats from the 1930s and 1940s. Here's one from the 1940s that I bought to wear to my friend's annual tea party. My friend Miss Piggy stopped by again and agreed to model it for me.


I think it looks better on her than it does on me - ha!

I found a cute pattern for a variety of hats that have a 1920s and 1930s look to them. My mom who does all the sewing has the material cut out for hat E (the red one on the bottom) and I can't wait to see how it looks. We are using red fleece with off white piping and buttons. I'm going to keep the first one and if it comes out well, we will also sell these. Fleece is so warm and soft and it should make a comfortable hat.

These girls sure look happy and stylish in their chapeaus!







No comments:

Post a Comment