Sunday, July 17, 2016

Classic Movie Knitting

There is a lot of down time on film sets and actors and actresses often take up hobbies to stave off boredom. Before smart phones, knitting was very popular during the classic movie era.


Audrey Hepburn



Ginger Rogers


Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh



Gary Cooper is my favorite actor and I have a site dedicated just to him (Gary Cooper Collection) so I have a lot of pictures from his movies.

Here's one of Gary and Barbara Stanwyck on the set of their film Meet John Doe (1941). This is just a silly pic as that is Barbara's knitting. I think she's telling him 'You better not mess that up big boy!'. I like the knitting bag she has (on the floor in between them).


Here's Gary this time helping Bette Davis who came by the set of Sergeant York (1941) for a visit. I hope the ashes from his cigarette didn't fall off and set the yarn on fire - ha! It looks like Bette may be knitting a sock.





The lovely Greer Garson also enjoyed knitting.


Knitting (and crocheting) is a wonderful hobby and such a fun way to relax in the evening after a stressful day. I love to sit down in front of the TV in my comfy chair and just work away on something. 




No comments:

Post a Comment